This article is a stub!
This means the article is short, incomplete, and needs to be expanded upon.
Blood tests are a crucial part of hormone replacement therapy. It's important that you acquire blood tests in any way possible to ensure you are administering the proper dosages. You must ensure that your hormone levels are within female range in order to achieve optimal effects from HRT and avoid as many negative side effects as possible from your medications of choice.
It's ideal to receive a blood test from a doctor every 3 months, but recommended that you try and acquire a test 1 month after changing any dosages. The subreddit r/TransDIY and r/DrWillPowers may help you make sense of your blood tests and advise you on your next steps if posted there, but please do not place all of your faith in their help and do plenty of research on your own. After all, they are not all doctors and even if they were, they are not obligated to help every single person that comes their way.
Note from PrivateMDLabs for best blood test results: Patient should fast for 12 hours preceding collection of specimen. No radioisotopes administered 24 hours prior to venipuncture. This test may exhibit interference when sample is collected from a person who is consuming a supplement with a high dose of biotin (also termed as vitamin B7 or B8, vitamin H or coenzyme R). It is recommended to stop biotin consumption at least 72 hours prior to the collection of specimen. If using a testosterone cream please be sure you have not rubbed any into the antecubital area of your arm for the last 24 hours as it can give elevated results.
Order blood tests online
US Blood tests
UK Blood tests
- Walk-in Clinic
- Blue Horizon blood tests
- List of trans friendly GPs (can provide blood tests even if they don't prescribe your HRT)
- Reference ranges for blood tests
- Dr. Powers: Why drawing your blood for hormone labs any time other than right before your next dose is pointless
- Canada blood tests
- Netherlands blood tests
- TransDIY Wiki
- Reddit: The Importance of Blood Tests: Yes, they are important and useful...
- Wikipedia.com | Template:Hormone levels with estradiol and estradiol esters by intramuscular injection
- Wikipedia.com | Hormone levels with estradiol valerate by intramuscular injection